Our mission: Connecting young adults who aspire to teach with students who need to learn.
iEducate employs college and high school students as tutors to work as co-teachers alongside elementary teachers in order to enhance the learning of underserved students. The tutor provides both whole-class support as well as targeted group instruction to students in small groups. Our vision is to develop a cost-effective & sustainable co-teaching model for school districts to engage youth from the surrounding community as tutors in order to accelerate the learning of underserved students while also strengthening our future teacher workforce.
Houston, Texas-based position. Full-Time Exempt.
Salary ranging from $60,000-70,000.
As a Senior Manager, School Partnerships you will be overseeing program implementation for a cohort of roughly 40 schools across the stages of onboarding, training and oversight. You will also manage several Tutor Development Managers who are responsible for the management and development of up to 70 tutors each.
- Oversee the training and onboarding of a cohort of up to 40 schools
- Orient and onboard new schools, establishing timeline and responsibilities for effective program implementation
- Deliver tutor, teacher and school staff trainings to ensure tutor/school partnerships are set up for success
- Oversee tutor onboarding, ensuring your team is effectively and efficiently utilizing tools and processes to prepare a tutor for the classroom
- Manage school communication and program efficacy for your cohort of schools
- Conduct meetings with school leadership to establish semesterly goals and periodically review data and progress metrics of iEducate program
- Manage program relations and communications with principals and school staff to ensure program satisfaction and impact goals are met
- Oversee the classroom observation calendar to ensure your team is meeting observations metrics and delivering periodic feedback sessions to coach tutors in improving performance
- Supervise 2-4 tutor Tutor Development Managers using progress monitoring systems
- Lead your team using a performance management and development process that includes goal setting, feedback, and performance plans
- Maintain a dashboard of key performance indicators and lead weekly team meetings to ensure your team is meeting expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement and goal attainment
- Document and report progress to goals to the Director of Programs regularly to surface issues, get feedback and create solutions
- Other duties as assigned; may vary depending on time of year and organizational needs, but could include:
- Special projects based on the needs of the organization
- Select new tutors by conducting interviews and submitting evaluations
- Assist recruiting team during key seasons of the year by hosting information sessions, attending career fairs, coordinating on-campus booths, etc.
- Experience managing program implementation efforts in an education setting
- Track record of success in managing a team of adults towards ambitious vision and goals
- At least 7 years of full time work experience. At least 5 years experience in a leadership role (e.g. manager, administrator, etc.) in an education setting preferred
- Experience accurately compiling, analyzing and utilizing data to inform decision making
- Ability to conduct site visits, requiring travel to school sites during business hours. Independent travel to multiple school sites throughout the day that may be significant distances from one another.
- Occasional weekends and evening work required
- A valid driver’s license and valid automobile liability insurance
- Regular attendance is required
- Able to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to ground management and coaching support in adult learning theory, deep content knowledge and best practice in K-12 education
- Orientation towards working hard to meet ambitious goals; takes perseverance and continuous improvement seriously
- Orientation towards taking ownership and accountability for their work
- Ability to manage through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals different points of view with high levels of respect and humility
- Ability to zero in on the main issues, prioritize and create strong solutions
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication; proficiency using common technology tools like Slack, Gmail & Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred
Team & Culture
We are a team with deep commitment to our organizational mission, vision, values and a belief that all children can be successful. We are in the midst of rapid expansion, rising to the occasion to meet a significant need. In this role, you’ll report directly to iEducate’s Director of Programs and work closely with fellow Senior Managers, School Partnerships, as well as all other teams in the company.
A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
iEducate is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please direct all questions/inquiries to contact @ ieducateusa.org