iEducate’s mission is to educate today's children while elevating tomorrow's teachers. Our model embeds college and high school students alongside teachers to provide co-teaching instructional support to underserved elementary students, addressing the need for immediate high-impact tutoring while also cultivating a pipeline of homegrown future educators through direct classroom experience. Over the past two years, we have grown from a staff of three to over 20, forming major school district partnerships that have engaged over 400 tutors to serve 35,000 elementary students. Our vision is to develop a scalable blueprint for school districts across Texas that not only bridge educational gaps for underserved students but also create a powerful cycle of community reinvestment.
● Embrace Challenge -The challenge is great. We embrace it, take initiative, and find new solutions to educational challenges.
● Think Forward - We are persistent in our pursuit. We work with efficiency and innovation to drive forward using data to build systems.
● Build Together - We believe we are stronger together. We collaborate, learn from each other, and work to bring together perspective and experience.
● Foster Community - We thrive in a community that is curious, respectful, and joyful. We ask questions, we strive together, and we hold ourselves and others accountable.
Houston, Texas-based position. Full-Time Exempt.
Salary ranging from $70,000 - $80,000.
The Senior Manager, Program Implementation (SMPI) is the engine of the Programs Team’s work. As a SMPI you will be working closely with the school leadership of a cohort of schools on implementing iEducate’s program across the stages of onboarding, training and program monitoring. This includes managing at least 40 part-time tutors. The Senior Manager, Program Implementation reports to iEducate’s Director of Programs and works closely with other SMPIs. The Senior Manager, Program Implementation spends the majority of their time in the field at their schools but also has work space at the iEducate office.
- Oversee the training and onboarding of a cohort of schools
- Onboard new schools. Work with school leader/coordinator and partner teachers to set timelines, identify an iEducate model type, set vision of excellence for program implementation, train school leader/coordinator and partner teachers in use of iEducate’s technology platform etc.
- Communicate tutor placement information to school leadership and support school leadership in leveraging tutors to support prioritized students in a way that aligns with high impact tutoring, evidence-based recommended dosage of tutoring support
- Create or update stakeholder pre-service trainings to ensure all stakeholders (school leaders, coordinators, partner teachers and tutors) have the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for a successful start
- Manage campus program implementation efforts for a cohort of schools and support integration into schools’ larger academic program
- Collaborate with school stakeholders (school leader, coordinator, partner teachers) to ensure the iEducate Program Implementation Framework is implemented with fidelity and aligned with the evidence base for high impact tutoring
- Conduct on-going site visits to collect data on program implementation to inform stakeholder coaching support
- Analyze program implementation data and use to inform the creation of a stakeholder (school leader, coordinator, partner teacher) coaching strategy to drive program implementation
- Provide coaching support to school stakeholders (school leader, coordinator, partner teacher) in creating a data-informed strategy for selecting students for tutoring that ensures tutors receive the recommended dosage of tutoring
- Provide coaching support to school stakeholders (school leader, coordinator, partner teacher) in stakeholder/tutor collaboration to support tutor development efforts
- Provide coaching support to school stakeholders in curriculum/lesson plan design to ensure small group lesson plans are aligned with grade level, school day content
- Conduct on-going check-ins with with school leadership to discuss program implementation progress to goal and implications
- Conduct trainings with larger school community and/or support service teams to orient stakeholders to iEducate’s Program Implementation Framework and how it complements additional academic support services
- Document program implementation patterns and trends and report to the Director of Programs to surface issues, get feedback, create and execute solutions
- Oversee tutor development efforts for a cohort of tutors to ensure tutors are effectively accelerating student learning
- Manage at least 40 part-time tutors and use iEducate’s Tutor Development Framework to guide tutors’ development in alignment with evidence base for highly effective tutors
- Manage one or more full time Tutor Development Managers into overseeing tutor communication, compliance and issue resolution support
- Analyze tutor development indicators and use to inform the creation of tutor coaching
strategy to drive tutor development in alignment with research and best practice in high
impact tutoring programs
- Create group learning experiences and 1:1 coaching plans to drive tutor compliance, development and student academic achievement goals
- Document tutor development patterns and trends and report to the Director of Programs to surface issues, get feedback and create solutions
- Other duties as assigned; may vary depending on time of year and organizational needs, but could include:
- Special projects based on the needs of the organization
- Select new tutors by conducting interviews and submitting evaluations
- Experience managing system wide program implementation efforts in an education setting with proven results
- Familiarity with evidence-based high impact tutoring programs
- Track record of success in managing a team of adults towards ambitious vision and goals
- At least 7 years of full time work experience. At least 5 years experience in a leadership role (e.g. manager, administrator, etc.) in an education setting. At least 3 years of experience as direct manager of adults.
- Experience accurately compiling, analyzing and utilizing data to inform decision making
- Ability to conduct site visits, requiring travel to school sites during business hours. Independent travel to multiple school sites throughout the day that may be significant distances from one another
- Occasional weekends and evening work required
- A valid driver’s license and valid automobile liability insurance
- Regular attendance is required
- Able to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to ground management and coaching support in knowledge of evidence based, best practice as it relates to high impact tutoring, adult learning theory and K-12 education more generally
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders with high levels of respect, humility and seeking to understand - including but not limited to welcoming on-going feedback on practice and integration of feedback into their practice
- Orientation towards working hard to meet ambitious goals; takes perseverance and continuous improvement seriously
- Adheres to organizational processes, policies, procedures with high levels of fidelity
- Ability to drive change across systems; ability to zero in on the main issue, create a strong solutions and execute at high levels
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to invest others in priorities and evidence-based practices
- Ability to manage through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Inspires trust through demonstration of outstanding judgment and responsible decision-making. Seeks out assistance when needed
- Outstanding goal and results orientation, follow through and task completion
- Takes ownership and accountability for their work
- Proficiency using common technology tools like Slack, Gmail and Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred
If interested, you may apply for this position at jobs.ieducateusa.org. Please direct all questions/inquiries to contact@ ieducateusa.org.