Our mission: Connecting young adults who aspire to teach with students who need to learn.
iEducate employs college and high school students as tutors to work as co-teachers alongside elementary teachers in order to enhance the learning of underserved students. The tutor provides both whole-class support as well as targeted group instruction to students in small groups. Our vision is to develop a cost-effective & sustainable co-teaching model for school districts to engage youth from the surrounding community as tutors in order to accelerate the learning of underserved students while also strengthening our future teacher workforce.
Houston, Texas-based position. Full-Time Exempt.
Salary ranging from $52,500-$65,000.
As a Senior Manager, Teacher Pathways your role would involve serving as a connector between school districts, colleges/universities, and education preparation programs to homegrown teacher candidates.
There exist multiple pathways into the teaching profession that lack coordination, resulting in dissimilar experiences and outcomes. There are also a number of struggles that keep potential teacher candidates from becoming teachers (ex: financial burden, unclear path, lack of guidance on requirements/opportunities).
This project serves to develop the organizational function within iEducate that will establish ideal teacher pathways for tutors in partnership with existing stakeholders & resources. Our vision for this project involves:
- Creating stronger existing homegrown teacher pipelines with partner school districts through improved awareness, recruitment, classroom experience, and coaching.
- Establishing proven teacher development pathways using program data that align the resources & requirements of the various stakeholders, including school districts, education colleges, certification programs, service providers, and philanthropy.
- A gameplan & pilot budget to implement identified priority pathways & partnerships over SY22-23.
- Support the setting of a vision that will establish ideal teacher pathways for tutors in partnership with existing stakeholders & resources
- Work with Director, Partnerships to establish goals and priorities for SY22-23
- Determine key pilots, initiatives and partnerships to achieve vision and goals
- Collaborate with partners to create pathways for iEducate tutors to be developed and supported as potential future teachers
- Work with education colleges to understand what pathways enrolled students are coming from, what struggles/uncertainties they are facing in pursuing their degree, and what requirements we can help them meet through the iEducate experience
- Work with Programs Team to establish programming modules & resources based on“tracks” of tutor pathway stage (ex: undecided, interested, pursuing teaching profession,etc.), prior classroom experience, and targeted training needs
- Build alliances with education preparation programs (EPPs), local education agencies (LEAs) and community-based organizations to construct/curate resources & opportunities focused on advancing knowledge, ability, and desire to become teachers upon graduation
- Quantify value of program experience on classroom preparedness and willingness to hire by school district stakeholders
- Form strategic partnerships with colleges & universities to offer course credit, scholarships, and other opportunities for tutors
- Create & implement processes/programs to connect tutors with district HR departments to sign letters of intent & increase post-graduation job opportunities for tutors while also supplementing partner districts with homegrown teacher candidates
- Organize community outreach programs and coordinate events that will advance teacher pipeline initiatives, goals and dialogue
- Develop an alumni engagement initiative and manage the timeline of programming, communications, and data collection
- Coordinate information sessions with district HR leadership, certification programs, and college education departments
- Host roundtable & community-building events between tutors and school/district leadership
- Support Programs Team’s professional development & coaching events that addresses instructional & behavioral support needs identified by tutors and school leadership
- Other duties as assigned; may vary depending on time of year and organizational needs, but could include:
- Assisting with tutor selection including, but not limited to, scheduling and interviewing candidates and writing evaluations to determine if they should be hired
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience, ideally with an educator certification system
- Strong vision-setting and leadership experience with proven track record of success in affecting structural changes
- Background in teaching & learningExperience accurately compiling, analyzing and utilizing data to inform decision making
- Ability to deliver materials and host/attend events, requiring travel to college, district, and high school sites during business hours.
- Occasional weekends and evening work required
- A valid driver’s license and valid automobile liability insurance
- Creativity & outside-the-box thinking to identify new opportunities and form new connections between existing stakeholders
- Ability to network and build relationships with others; is energized by working with people in a direct, front-facing role
- Orientation towards working hard to meet ambitious goals; takes continuous improvement seriously and has a growth mindset
- Orientation towards taking ownership and accountability for their work
- Ability to manage through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals different points of view with high levels of respect and humility
- Ability to zero in on the main issues, prioritize and create strong solutions
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication; proficiency using common technology tools like Slack, Gmail & Google Suite
We are currently located in the heart of Downtown Houston at the Amegy Bank Building, off the METRORail on Main Street. We are known to take advantage of neighboring restaurants like Nara Thai, La Calle, or heading underground for local spots in the Downtown tunnels!
Team & Culture
We are a team with deep commitment to our organizational mission, vision, values and a belief that all children can be successful. We are in the midst of rapid expansion, rising to the occasion to meet a significant need. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Director of Partnerships, iEducate Ambassadors, Manager of Teacher Pathways, as well as all other teams in the company.
A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
iEducate is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please direct all questions/inquiries to contact @ ieducateusa.org