Our mission: Connecting young adults who aspire to teach with students who need to learn.
iEducate employs college and high school students as tutors to work as co-teachers alongside elementary teachers in order to enhance the learning of underserved students. The tutor provides both whole-class support as well as targeted group instruction to students in small groups. Our vision is to develop a cost-effective & sustainable co-teaching model for school districts to engage youth from the surrounding community as tutors in order to accelerate the learning of underserved students while also strengthening our future teacher workforce.
Houston, Texas-based position. Full-Time Exempt.
Salary ranging from $40,000 - $47,500.
We are looking for an energetic, adaptable self-starter to join our small but ambitious, driven team. As the Manager, Recruiting Partnerships, your role would involve performing tasks with a focus to grow iEducate’s talent pipeline and improve our sourcing tactics. You would also be building and growing iEducate’s Ambassador Program of part-time recruiting staff who assist in the execution of the organization’s recruiting calendar.
- Manage tutor recruiting & sourcing efforts
- Build the organization’s professional recruiting network by developing & maintaining relationships with recruiting partners, including relationships with work study departments, academic advisors, guidance counselors, student organizations, and other partners
- Execute on recruiting calendar, including coordinating and hosting tabling events on college & high school campuses, coordinating and hosting information sessions, sending email blasts to prospects, etc.
- Build relationships and manage communication with prospective recruits
- Maintain a database of recruitment portals & update job postings on job boards
- Support the plan of a recruiting strategy
- Collaborate with tutor’s Partner Teacher to ensure tutor’s work is in alignment with school and classroom vision, values, priorities and goals and that the tutor is receiving necessary support and feedback from their Partner Teacher
- Communicate school level context and information to Senior Manager, School Partnerships to support school-wide program implementation work and ongoing development of tutors both inside and outside your cohort
- Prepare for and lead weekly check-ins with Senior Manager, School Partnerships around progress towards your cohort’s vision/goals, information around tutor performance, concerns, next steps and your ongoing development.
- Build and oversee iEducate’s Ambassadors Program, engaging part-time recruiting staff to host tabling events and attend hiring events/career fairs on high school and college campuses
- Serve as direct manager for iEducate Ambassadors, using a performance management and development process that encourages their contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning
- Create and update resources for training and managing iEducate Ambassadors
- Create schedules for iEducate Ambassadors and work with the Operations Team to ensure time & attendance is accurately tracked and monitored
- Coordinate the oversight and delivery of program resources to iEducate Ambassadors, ensuring they have the needed materials to execute their responsibilities
- Regularly report on iEducate Ambassadors Program impact to Director of Partnerships and implement strategic changes to increase program efficacy
- Other duties as assigned; may vary depending on time of year and organizational needs, but could include:
- Assisting with tutor selection including, but not limited to, scheduling and interviewing candidates and writing evaluations to determine if they should be hired
- Assisting operations team in managing communication with applicants and ensuring they remain in compliance with onboarding/new hire requirements
- At least 2 years of full time work experience
- Experience accurately compiling, analyzing and utilizing data to inform decision making
- Ability to deliver recruiting materials and host/attend recruiting events, requiring travel to college, district, and high school sites during business hours. Independents may travel to multiple sites
- Occasional weekends and evening work required
- A valid driver’s license and valid automobile liability insurance
- Regular attendance is required
- Able to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to ground coaching support in deep pedagogical content knowledge and best practice in K-12 education
- Orientation towards working hard to meet ambitious goals; takes continuous improvement seriously
- Orientation towards taking ownership and accountability for their work
- Ability to manage through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals different points of view with high levels of respect and humility
- Ability to zero in on the main issues, prioritize and create strong solutions
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication; proficiency using common technology tools like Slack, Gmail & Google Suite
We are currently located in the heart of Downtown Houston at the Amegy Bank Building, off the METRORail on Main Street. We are known to take advantage of neighboring restaurants like Nara Thai, La Calle, or heading underground for local spots in the Downtown tunnels!
Team & Culture
We are a team with deep commitment to our organizational mission, vision, values and a belief that all children can be successful. We are in the midst of rapid expansion, rising to the occasion to meet a significant need. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Director of Partnerships, iEducate Ambassadors, Manager of Teacher Pathways, as well as all other teams in the company.
A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
iEducate is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please direct all questions/inquiries to contact @ ieducateusa.org